Thanks to a report titled Lead Response Management Study from the Kellogg School of Management and presented by David Elkington, CEO of Insidesales.com and James Oldroyd, PHD Professor at M.I.T. Here are the facts.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to call in order to contact (by 49.7% over the worst day) and qualify (by 24.9% over the worst day) leads.
- Thursday is the best day to contact a lead in order to qualify that lead (by 19.1% better than the worst day).
- 4 to 6pm is the best time to call to make contact with a lead (by 114% over the worst time block).
- 8-9am and 4-5pm are the best times to call to qualify a lead (by 164% better 1-2pm, the worst time of the day).
- 4-5pm is the best time to contact a lead to qualify over 11-12am by 109%).
The odds of calling to contact a lead decrease by over 10 times in the 1st hour. The odds of calling to qualify a lead decrease by over 6 times in the 1st hour. After 20 hours every additional dial your salespeople make actually hurts your ability to make contact to qualify a lead. The odds of contacting a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 100 times. The odds of qualifying a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 21 times.
This is why a tool like Leadlander or Demandbase can be such valuable tools in your online business development process. If you’re interested in learning more about these tools, please don’t hesitate to let me know.